Technical Support Representative
Ticket Management and Resolution - The Technical Support Representative is responsible for handling technical support cases. They must monitor the ticket queue and use their discretion and independent judgment to weigh ticket factors such as: order of response/urgency of tickets, contact method and timeline, correct/appropriate response to ticket, how/when to close tickets and whether/if a ticket should be reassigned or escalated. Technical Support Reps must: ensure company and departmental policies and procedures are followed, cases are responded to and closed in a timely manner, call back times are coordinated with customers and then met, tickets are reassigned and/or escalated in a timely manner and when appropriate.
The Technical Support Representative is responsible for all aspects of communication with customers during the life-cycle of a Support case. Communication may occur via phone or electronic media (e-mail/chat).
Technical Support Representatives are responsible for responding to customer inquiries via web-based Chat support in addition to resolving customer trouble tickets.
- Complete technical and end-user support
- Testing and troubleshooting technical issues
- Follow up with customers on gathering more information and applying software patches
- Communicating with customers through email, phone etc effectively
- Ability to educate customers on the functionality of the products as a part of issue handling process
- Restoring customer databases (MSSQL and Access)
- Escalation and follow-up with developers on known and newly identified Defects
- Learning the new technology by self training
- Emergency after-hours 'on call' duty rotation
- Install software on customer servers remotely
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma or GED required, Associates or better desired
Technical Skills: MCP Certification or equivalent technical work experience and knowledge (4+ years desktop support, network support, help desk, tech support call center, etc). Strong understanding of Operating Systems, MS Office, and Email; Database Application knowledge strongly desired
Personal: Responsible, mature, reliable, dependable, honest, trustworthy, consistent, detail oriented.
Communication: Pleasant, clear speaking voice and excellent written communication skills. Candidates must possess a strong ability to describe detailed topics clearly in writing or over the phone.
The successful candidate will also be expected to demonstrate:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to providing a superior level of service to all customers
- Commitment to being a team player
- Desire to develop new skills
- A positive and flexible attitude
- A confident and self-assured manner
- High levels of motivation and ability to be a self starter
- Ability to operate in a high-pressured environment and multi-task